Remodeling the kitchen which is the heart of your home can be stressful. It is best if you follow a plan like this kitchen remodel checklist below from start to finish even if you do it a step at a time. If you plan to put in cabinets, a new counter tops and a tile backsplash it is best to do in a specific order. You do not start with the tile and end with the cabinets or you will damage the previous steps.
If you are doing the remodel one step at a time over a long period of time consider and plan for the fact the tile or counter top you want may be discontinued by the time you get to that phase. Be flexible, for example, choose white tile rather than a specific white tile.
If you are doing all your remodel at the same time remember this is the heart of you home. Where will you cook, store your food and eat? How long will the project take.
Ten step checklist for remodeling your kitchen:
- Consider what you need, want and can afford
- Set you budget
- Research and plan
- Find professionals you will need – even DYI project may need help from specialist such as electrician or plumber.
- Create rough plan – see item 2
- Make selection – cabinets, counter tops, appliances, faucet and sink, light fixtures, flooring, backsplash. decorative hardware – see item 2
- Get contractor estimates – revise item 2?
- Get ready for demolition
- Coordinate materials, labor and family!!!!!
- Make a list of unfinished items so you actually finish.