Kitchen renovations and remodeling often run over budget. According to the article below from Houzz there are common reasons the projects go over budget.
- Selecting expensive products or materials – custom cabinets vs. box for example
- Selected products were more expensive than expected
- Change in project scope or design
- Project more complex than expected
- Discover unrelated construction related problems
- Poor project management
- Poor communication
- Unexpected code building code requirements
- Change service providers
More detailed list
- Custom cabinetry vs. box
- Special features in cabinets/ pull our shelves, spice racks and more can drive up cost.
- Selecting higher priced countertops
- Selecting more expensive appliances
- Exposing unforeseen structural issues
- Code compliance
- Changing your mind during construction – Add not making selections before you start to budget busters.
- Project creep where the dining room or living room now needs work to match the beautiful new kitchen.
Share This Post: